Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Meeting number two

Members from the ACE team (Action for the Care of the Elderly) met with the Health Minister, Maureen MacDonald and Premier Dexter yesterday afternoon. Bernice was our spokesperson and she did a wonderful job. Her dad was abused and assaulted while in the Aberdeen Hospital.

There at least is lip service from both the Premier and the Health Minister that our health care system is badly broken. They presented their viewpoint and tentative plans without getting defensive and blaming the previous administrations...and I for one really appreciated that.

In my opinion the ACE team had a few too many people there but that wasn't my decision and as long as Bernice and I were included I don't really care. We prepared a package of info to give to the Premier and the Health minister and of course we included our wish list.

When asked how we can help improve the situation the Health Minister responded that we should look to the local health boards. I didn't get a chance to ask her what the alternative would be...cause I don't think the local boards are too eager to have me/us on their board. I hope I am wrong but...

No comments:

Post a Comment