Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Update

The time is slipping past...more like hurling past like a truck going 150 miles per hour. So much to do, so little time. I am normally a very organized person, time management is a strong skill of mine. BUT for some reason I have overcommitted and I am slowing down, it now takes longer to do the routine stuff and I haven't been making provisions for that.

We did have another fabulous weekend. Another car show and a chance to have a tasty (and healthy) lunch at the cafe at the Sherbrooke Village Museum. Home made soup and 1/2 of a chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread. Yum. But we were there between showers so my legs and hips were aching and I couldn't spend as much time walking around as I would have liked.

New plan. Walk for 10 to 15 minutes three times a week. One other member of my TOPS group also has difficulty keeping up with the avid walkers. There are some in my group that walk 5 kms a day two or three times a week. I just can't do that and I don't want to even try to keep up with any of them. They go too fast and I need to start at my own pace. Joan and I (and maybe Maralyn) will meet Friday afternoon for a 15 minute walk. A good start! Who knows where and how far we will be able to work up to.

I did have a 1.5 lb gain this morning at weigh in. Not really a surprise, I missed last weeks meeting and we have been eating in restaurants the last two weekends. And some of my choices weren't very good ones. But today is a new day and I will do better this week. My goal is to lose the 1.5 lbs and another pound as well...a total of 2.5 lbs this week.

Another visit to a chapter. Another great group of people. I get encouragement from each of the group meetings I attend. Everyone has one thing in common...they want to be healthier and to lose weight.

Plans are starting for the IRD in Halifax next summer. It is going to be great! Exciting and the place to be in mid July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment