Friday, October 23, 2009

Back to the Gym

I finally connected with a dear friend yesterday for lunch and found out that she had started an exercise routine at our local gym. And this morning at 7:00 am. we were both there treading the treadmills and pushing those levers and lifting those weights. Only 30 minutes for me but I feel good, mentally and physically.

I have had injections in both of my knees for arthritis and wow what a difference. I am having trouble adjusting to the reduction in the pain levels. Sounds crazy but I am getting back a memory of free movement without crippling pain. The hip is still crunching away but even the pain levels there are reduced since the shot in the knee on that side. So I owe an apology to my doctor who said that would happen and I doubted him and stated so.

I have pledged to my TOPS chapter members that I will lose a pound a week for the next 10 weeks... and I will do it.

I hope everyone gets to feel the energy levels that I have at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment