Friday, February 25, 2011

Six month Check Up

Yesterday's mail brought the notice for my six month followup since my hip replacement surgery.  The appointment is a month away but even so, it has been five months since I have had my surgery.  Things are certainly a lot better, there is such a big improvement. No pain in the hip joint. I am still working on mobility, I expect everything to be perfect but I have to do the physio exercises, which I neglect often, and I have to work hard to continue reducing my weight and building endurance. All easy if you say it fast but all take concentration and effort.  Sometimes too much effort at the end of a long and tiring day.

This past week has included an eleven hour workday, followed the next day with a funeral for a distant cousin's wife. Emotionally and physically demanding for me. But I have bounced back, I am looking forward to a four day weekend at home, true two days will be work days in my home office, but I enjoy my home office and wish I could work from here everyday.

So what do I want to achieve before my six month check up?  Lose at least another five pounds, Do my exercises everyday for the required number of repetitions and to get the rest my body needs and demands.

The six month check up will also be a chance to discuss getting my knee replacement surgery done sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment