Monday, June 22, 2009

Healthy Thoughts

Slowly but surely my selftalk is becoming healthier and consequently my habits are also becoming healthier. I am exercising more...actually enjoying the way my body feels during and after physical exercise. My joints feel better, less painful, after gentle movement. I have arthritis in both hips and in both knees. Many days it is extremely painful and on those days I often don't exerices. But on the other days, I bowl or go to the gym for 30 minutes of gentle exercise. I am finding that I have reduced the amount of mindless eating that I used to do. Now I concentrate on each bite of food that I eat, savouring the smell, the appearance and the taste. I chew my food more slowly and enjoy the experience. Small things, small changes, lasting results.

No comments:

Post a Comment