Sunday, July 5, 2009

Clutter

A comment I read several months ago has stayed with me. "No wonder I feel so tired and drained all the time, I am living with clutter." The woman expressing the thought was struggling with her life being "out of control". Her words not mine.

I have been thinking a lot about the whole concept of clutter, mental, spiritual, and of course the physical. The piles of papers that may be valuable, at least too important to throw out. That type of clutter is easy to see and relate to. And slowly I am coming to grips with the excess, getting rid of the items that are no longer used, and donating the clothes which are now too big, even the really comfortable favourite items.

The other clutter that isn't always easy to deal with is the mental kind. The should have's, could have's and if only's. Fortunately I don't have many but who doesn't have a few of them? And again, I am coming to the realization that what is past is done, LET IT GO!

There are many types of clutter, and at this moment I can't think of any that are healthy. One of my projects for the next three months is to reduce my clutter, streamline my life, my work and my surroundings. Things truly are not what matter to me so why am I hoarding "stuff"?

No comments:

Post a Comment