Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grapefruit

I have avoided citrus fruit for the past two weeks hoping that the pain in my knees and hips would decrease...no such luck. So this morning I had 1/2 grapefruit with my breakfast. I will monitor the situation to see if citrus makes any difference.

Tried a slow cooker recipe for chicken yesterday and it was tasty. Six Chicken breasts, cover with a layer or frozen or fresh cranberries (1 cup) , a layer of sliced, peeled apples and then pour 1 cup liquid with 1 T brown sugar over the layers. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or a combination of high and low for 4 hours. Makes six servings. Calories are 193 per serving. (Based on 6 chicken breasts and 1 cup of cranberries) This would be very good served over rice (whole grain or wild of course) or even over a thin slice of bread or mashed potatoes.

Also very easy to make which earns high marks in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment