Sunday, November 22, 2009

Meetings, meetings...

I had the opportunity to attend a meeting of the ACE team. ACE is a group lobbying for changes in our health care system. Advocates for the Care of the Elderly. They are seeking quality living conditions for the elderly in Long Term Care. Each member has a personal reason for working with the team...just as I do. My motivation is to make sure no one else is treated the way Mr. Williams was treated by the Staff and Management at Aberdeen Hospital. The ACE team have requested a meeting with the Premier and the Health Minister. I am hoping that will give us face time with the leaders of our provincial government.

There is also a meeting scheduled for tomorrow (November 23rd) with Gary Ramey, the MLA for Lunenburg West.

I have not received any response from the Minister of Health regarding my email that I sent to her office on October 30, 2009. I would have expected an acknowledgement by now. The Premier did respond saying that he had asked the Minister of Health to respond to my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment