Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January 5, 2011

Tuesday morning was my first physiotherapy appointment in 2011 and my first appointment with Donna who will now be my go to person. My back has been sore for four or five days, tight and painful to do simple things like walking. I had stopped my exercises as they seemed to be aggravating the problem and I wasn't sure if that is what I should have done, so I was a bit apprehensive about the appointment.

It only took Donna about 15 seconds to figure out what was wrong and what had caused it. Seems the muscles in the hip area should be both strong and flexible. Mine are neither. My exercises were to build strength but I hadn't been doing anything to increase the flexibility so my back was taking the brunt of a lot of my moving activities. So now I am back to some really basic stuff to help improve flexibility. I have an idea that it will take me as long to learn to walk correctly this time as it did when I was a toddler and anxious to explore the world from an upright position.

I have another appointment for Friday am.  Two appointments a week, for a while. Oh joy! However, I will do what is required to get my old body whipped into the best shape it can manage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment