Saturday, August 8, 2009

Make a plan

I have been writing newsletters and updating data bases...translation sitting in front of a computer and burning a minimum number of calories. So much of my life is spent thinking and planning and keyboarding and I wonder why I don't lose weight as easily as the skinny people who are outside enjoying the sun and gardening, walking, swimming and playing tennis. To be perfectly honest, gardening and playing tennis are things that I daydream about being good at but in actual fact neither interest me much. I like the results of gardening, beautiful flowers and tasty veggies but the actually digging and weeding and sweating and swoting bugs just doesn't do it for me.

I am still in the summer slump of not moving and not getting enough exercise. Have to build more movement into my daily routine. Starting today. There is a car show in Bridgewater today and tomorrow so we could attend and walking around to see the cars would be fun.

I am also still working on the declutter aspect of my life. I spent an hour at work going through and discarding excess paper. Still more to do there and there are definitely piles of paper and crap here at home that need my attention. By the end of today I will have spent at least one hour exercising and another hour decluttering.

No comments:

Post a Comment